Friday 15 April 2011

Normal Service Has Resumed...

Ok, now that I've got posh clay out of my system (for a little while), I've been playing around with some extraordinarily beautiful quartz - cornflower blue, and copper.
The quartz is heat-treated to bring out a range of stunning colours, then faceted in order to catch the light. I am always in awe of the skill of the lapidarists who undertake the painstaking task of faceting gemstones, and these particular stones have been beautifully cut.
I opted for bracelets eventually, mainly because I am still going through a bracelet phase. But also because the advantage of a bracelet over a necklace is that the wearer can actually see it and derive pleasure from looking at it on her wrist. Simple!

Have a lovely weekend!
Nia xx

4 comments:

HazelB Handweaver said...

Oh wow they are fantastic

Ciel said...

Truly beautiful! I love what you've done with the gemstones :)

Louise said...

Truly beautiful, Nia. And that's why I like to make bracelets for myself - so I can admire them on my wrist. Necklaces are great for getting other people's attention, but bracelets are better for personal gratification! ;D

Donna Sanders said...

Wow, they're beautiful! I never thought about bracelets that way before but maybe that's why I like them so much! :0)